Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before arriving at Purna Yoga Retreat. When making your reservation it is implied that you have read, understood and accepted all these terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
1. The customer shall not use Purna Yoga Retreat property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, immoral or improper purposes. The customer shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to Purna Yoga Retreat and its guests, staff or owners.
2. The customer shall behave in a kind and polite manner towards staff members and towards other retreat guests at all times. We do not tolerate aggression (active or passive), abuse, rudeness, crudity and discourtesy at Purna Yoga Retreat and we reserve the right to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of breach of this agreement.
3. The customer shall keep all Purna Yoga Retreat fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value.
4. Purna Yoga Retreat provides a small library and customers are not allowed to take books away from the retreat building. Books are to be used in the retreat premises only and returned before departure. Swapping of books is not allowed.
5. If you have any complaint about the retreat, you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to the host or our representative, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. We will do our best to resolve the problem according to the possibilities and circumstances at the time.
6. We request the use of mobile phones and other WiFi devices to be limited around the property, please restrict yourself to using these devices in your room. Please refrain from using your wifi devices in the dining hall and in yoga hall. Retreat programs are designed for people to be quiet and reflective. Please be discrete when talking on your phone. If you’re listening to music on headphones, please use moderate volume so as not to disturb other guests.
7. Purna Yoga Retreat reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and Purna Yoga Retreat shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability of any kind.
Booking and Payments
1. For advanced bookings of retreat programs of 6 and more days in duration, the customer shall
pay Purna Yoga Retreat a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in the sum of 100 USD for each person named in the reservation. This
payment can be made by direct bank transfer or by an agent like Moneygram or Western Union. Please note that we will receive your payment
in Nepali rupees - NPR currency. Purna Yoga Retreat is not liable for any bank/transfer charges or fees incurred at any stage of the
2. The balance due shall be paid by the customer on arrival to Purna Yoga Retreat, during check in. Payment at the retreat center is accepted in cash only at present.
3. It is possible to arrange an advance payment by bank transfer on request. In such case if a last minute cancellation occurs, the full program payment received (minus the deposit) will not be refundable in cash but can be transferred as credit to another yoga retreat program at Purna Yoga Retreat within 2 years. In case the cancellation occurs with less than 48hrs notice, we will deduct 30% cancellation charge from the credit amount.
4. Last minute reservations are accepted depending on room availability. In case of a last minute reservation, the full payment for the retreat program must be made on arrival at the retreat. If booking is made in person at the retreat for a later check in date, a deposit payment will be collected in cash.
Cancellation and Changing Reservation
1. Cancellation has to be made in writing and we request a minimum 48hrs notice. If cancellation occurs with less than 48hrs notice, 30% cancellation charge applies.
2. In case the customer wishes to modify the duration/content of their retreat program on arrival (during check in only), a 30% cancellation fee will be applied to any cancelled parts of the program. The shortened retreat duration cost can be calculated at different daily rate, depending on the retreat program type.
3. In case the customer wishes to modify the duration/content of their retreat program after check in – there will be no refunds due for shortening or modifying the program – the original cost of the full program booked will be charged.
4. In the event that the customer decides to downgrade their reserved program to a cheaper program after starting their retreat (for example downgrading from Juice Cleanse or Weight Loss retreat diet to regular diet or from massage inclusive program to a regular retreat without massage etc.), the customer will not be entitled to any refund or reduction in cost in lieu of services not used.
If the customer wishes to upgrade their retreat program to a more expensive one - the new price will apply.
5. If the customer foregoes any part of the daily program (like wellness activity, sound immersion, yoga class or any other part of daily activities) due to any reason, this does not entitle the guest to any refund or reduction in price. This does not entitle the guest to take part in the same activity twice on the next day or on following days. Missed activity is missed without any compensation.
6. If customer decides to vacate the retreat premises for one or more days/nights during their retreat stay (for example to take part in a trek or other activity) – there will be no refund due for the days/nights of absence from the program.
1. Accommodation is provided on twin sharing basis in rooms with two single beds. Rooms are allocated based on availability at the time, so special requests may not be possible to accommodate even if special request is made in advance. Room sharing is allocated based on the same gender of the guests.
2. Purna Yoga Retreat is not responsible for the behavior of individual guests at the retreat, who share the facilities and who share a room with each other.
3. We reserve the right to shift the customer into another bedroom within Purna Yoga Retreat building once during their retreat stay, if required by our changing schedule and rapidly changing room availability. This may happen in the peak season, when room availability changes frequently.
4. We reserve the right to accommodate our retreat guests in the next door yoga trek accommodation building for the first night of their stay – when it is necessary to our retreat operations and as part of the retreat program. This only happens in specific circumstances and only for the first night of stay to allow enough time for us to turn around a room at the retreat center. This would not happen any other time than on check-in and not for more than one night. Rooms are of the same standard as retreat building. This doesn’t change the price of the retreat and it doesn’t change guest’s ability to participate in all retreat activities and meals as usual. This may happen in the peak season, when room availability changes frequently.
Massages & Workshops
1. Massages and workshops are non transferrable to other guests. If the customer books massages or any additional activity as part of their retreat program, and then chooses not to take part in them as scheduled – there will be no refund due. These activities cannot be transferred for use of other guests.
2. When a retreat program is inclusive of a particular massage/workshop type – this massage/workshop cannot be exchange for another massage/workshop type. Extra massages/workshops can be booked in addition to the program package with additional cost.
3. Cancellation of Massages/Workshops booked in advance of your arrival, will be charged at 30% cancellation fee if cancelled on arrival (during check in only). 100% charge applies, when cancelled after you have started your retreat program.
1. The customer must ensure that they are medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Customers who have injuries or any serious illness are advised to seek doctor’s advice before their visit. Purna Yoga Retreat is not liable for any injuries to the customer during their use of our facilities or participation in activities. A customer must always stop and rest if they are feeling any pain or sickness and inform the teacher of any previous injuries.
2. Purna Yoga Retreat does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage of customer’s personal possessions or valuables. Safety locker is provided in the office, own travel size padlock is necessary.
3. Purna Yoga Retreat shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, acts of God, war, closure of airports, general strike, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors. We recommend that guests have personal travel insurance.